Who we are
We’re a group of ordinary Burlingtonians who support more and better public transit for the benefit of our fellow citizens, our environment and our community.
What we do
- Each year (starting again soon), BFAST organizes the Burlington Transit Users Forum in conjunction with more than 20 community organizations. Typically, attendance is greater than 100 people from all walks of life in Burlington. Burlington Transit’s director, for the past three Forums, has participated and answered questions and concerns from the audience. The Forum’s agenda also includes presentations on various transit issues and the popular Transit Report Card, to which users contribute their grades. The mayor and councillors are frequent attendees.
- Every month, BFAST’s Steering Committee meets to guide our activities, identify current ridership issues that need to be addressed and discuss emerging issues of importance. If you are interested in attending a meeting, please fill out the form on our Contact page.
- BFAST members conduct regular meetings with Burlington Transit’s director and senior staff to discuss rider concerns and suggest solutions to problems. These meetings frequently result in concrete improvements.
- BFAST submits regular briefs to City Council on transit issues. You can see our recent briefs on our Briefs and Submissions page. Members of our Steering Committee regularly meet with City councillors and officials.
- We participate in community events through information tables and other means.
How can you help?
We welcome volunteers in any capacity. Please contact us if you want to get involved.